this heart-heavy openness

When your children arrive, the best you can hope for is that they break open everything about you.  Your mind floods with oxygen.  Your heart becomes a room with wide-open windows.  You laugh hard every day.  You think about the future and read about global warming.  You realize how nice it feels to care about someone more than yourself.  And gradually, through this heart-heavy openness and these fresh eyes, you start to see the world a little more.

– Amy Poehler, Yes Please

1. Posted January 9, 2015 at 7:10 am | Permalink

I am reading this book right now! So many good lines in there. xoxo

2. Posted January 9, 2015 at 7:21 am | Permalink

Confession: didn’t expect to see those words attributed to Amy Poehler. Loved her before,and now love her more.

She is, by the way, the Hasty Pudding Club’s Woman of the Year for 2015. Parade and pudding pot celebration coming up soon!

3. Posted January 9, 2015 at 9:21 am | Permalink

This book is my to-read pile. Cannot wait to get started.

4. Posted January 9, 2015 at 9:54 am | Permalink

She’s wonderful. Love her words here. Beautiful!

5. Posted January 9, 2015 at 10:07 am | Permalink

Love her, need to pick this up ASAP. Happy weekend.

6. Posted January 9, 2015 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

I love this quote! And it’s funny, I was just thinking about your poetry/quote Fridays and was looking forward to this one. I kind of adore how you quote poetry and poetic, deep thinking prose.

7. Cherry Harris
    Posted January 10, 2015 at 2:56 am | Permalink

A book to look out for thanks
    cherryx

8. Posted January 10, 2015 at 7:24 am | Permalink

Surprised me with this one! Thank you for sharing.

9. Posted January 11, 2015 at 7:01 am | Permalink

This book is in my reading pile. Great quote 🙂

10. Posted January 11, 2015 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

Yes! I really enjoyed that book– most of the chapters at least. I did the audio instead of the print. I should have read it because I think I would have been happier skimming some chapters and spending more time on others.

11. Posted January 14, 2015 at 9:41 am | Permalink

Beautiful. I had forgotten to add this to my to-read list, thank you for the reminder!

It’s really a good book! I thought so, at least. xox