to call forth its treasures

“If your daily life seems of no account, don’t blame it; blame yourself that you are not poet enough to call forth its treasures.”  ~ Rilke

Thank you to my friend Katrina Kenison, on whose beautiful blog I first encountered this perfect sentence.

1. Posted February 14, 2014 at 9:58 am | Permalink

I love this. I was thinking this yesterday – but , of course, could never phrase it like this.

2. Posted February 14, 2014 at 10:43 am | Permalink

I was wondering last night before bed what quote or poem you might have selected for Valentine’s Day, maybe a love poem, perhaps. But this is even better, especially on a Friday at the end of a long week. Happy Valentine’s Day! 🙂

A love poem to our lives. Maybe that’s what I meant … xoxo

3. Posted February 14, 2014 at 11:30 am | Permalink

Beautiful reminder. xo

I think so too. xox

4. Posted February 15, 2014 at 12:22 am | Permalink

Oh I needed this quote this week! I have been scratchy and bored and this was a perfect reminder to me that I need to create the life I want – not to wait for it to happen. Thank you!

Thank YOU – I need the reminder all the time and I’m glad to know I’m not alone! (though sorry you know that scratchy boredom that is so familiar to me)…!

5. Heidi @ love each step
    Posted February 18, 2014 at 7:21 am | Permalink

I love that this puts the responsibility of recognizing our own magical lives squarely on our shoulders.

Which is where it belongs, I think, don’t you? xox

One Trackback

1. By Weekly Photo Challenge: Treasure | Sue Ann's Balcony on February 15, 2014 at 12:07 am

[…] came across this quote this week via A Design So Vast and it really resonated with me.  Lately I’ve been bored and restless so this is the […]