The HerStories Project

41Pp9QktbnL

My friends are vitally important to me.  I’ve written about them ad nauseum, from examination of which points in life are the most fertile for making friends to love letters to my sister, my first friend.  I write less about the messy moments in my friendships, but rest assured, I have those too.

I am both delighted and honored to be a part of the HerStories Project.  My essay, A Friendship Forged in the Crucible, about the “friend who walked beside me through some of the most difficult months of my life,” was published on the site and is now included in the book, The HerStories Project: Women Explore the Joy, Pain, and Power of Female Friendships which is released today.

Female friendship is a topic of great interest to me.  Friendship between women contains infinite textures, heartache and deep affection, identification and separation.  Through the prism of friendship, we can see love in most of its grand and many-colored manifestations.  This book explores this fertile and varied terrain with honesty and humor.  I loved every essay.  This would make a great holiday present.  I hope you will check this wonderful anthology out at the link below.

Disclosure: this is an affiliate link

Email this post Email this post

1. Posted December 2, 2013 at 6:51 am | Permalink

So exciting. I ordered an e-copy this weekend and three paperback copies this morning!

2. Posted December 2, 2013 at 7:36 am | Permalink

So excited for you! I can’t wait to read your essay and all the others.

3. Posted December 2, 2013 at 8:23 am | Permalink

Congratulations! I downloaded it today, and have another blogger friend who is published in it, too.

4. Posted December 2, 2013 at 10:39 am | Permalink

Congratulations, Lindsey! Off to order the book.

5. Posted December 2, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

Your posts about friendship on this blog are always the ones that touch me the deepest, and your essay in the book was no exception. This is a really, really good day.

6. Posted December 2, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

I just hot my book and I am looking forward to reading your contribution. so glad to be a part of this incredible opportunity with you!

7. Posted December 2, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

Happy pub day, sister! I’m so in love with your words and thoughts and heart!

8. Posted December 2, 2013 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

I just adore your essay so much, Lindsey. It gives me shivers whenever I read it! We are so grateful to have you as part of this book- thank you so much!

9. Posted December 2, 2013 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

Yay! Happy pub day. I have adopted a term to describe my group of friends that I think I heard here first… “native speakers.” It’s such a great term.

When you have native speakers in your life, you realize just how appropriate the phrase is to describe your language.

10. Posted December 2, 2013 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

Happy Pub day!!! Ever since I got the book in the mail and devoured it I have been thinking of all of the women friends I have had through the years and how special each one has been!! Congratulations!!

11. Posted December 2, 2013 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

Congratulations!! Will order tonight :)

12. Posted December 2, 2013 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

I know we have this topic in common! And I’m so proud to be published with you. What an exciting day!

13. Posted December 2, 2013 at 8:39 pm | Permalink

Tickled to be sharing this experience with you, Nina, and all the other wonderful writers I’m now getting to know. Happy pub day!

14. Posted December 2, 2013 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

And I am happy to be featured in a book with YOU :)

15. Posted December 3, 2013 at 9:33 am | Permalink

Wonderful Lindsey! I can’t wait to read this!

16. Posted December 12, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Congrats and so happy to be published with such good company. I totally bought this book for my friend as a Xmas gift. Of course, now I need to get around to mailing it but still…

One Trackback

1. By We're Having a Party! - The HerStories Project on December 5, 2013 at 9:42 am

[…] Lindsey Mead […]