August break

For the third year, inspired by Susannah Conway’s August Break, I’m going to post only photographs for August.  I actually love taking pictures and do so every single day (you can see more on instagram, where I’m lemead).  I am already aware of fall underneath summer’s heavy heat and I want to sink into these last weeks.  I’ve written before that I suspect my August birthday, right at the moment the world seems to pivot towards fall, contributes to my sense of myself as a liminal being.  My instinct is to lunge forward, to rush into what’s coming because it’s painful to feel it on the horizon.  But over and over again I try to push that impulse back, to be here now, to fully live these last golden hours of the summer.  Wish me luck.

AB550_1

1. Posted August 2, 2013 at 4:57 am | Permalink

I’m doing it this year too- so fun!

2. Posted August 2, 2013 at 6:22 am | Permalink

I heard about this, and I’m thinking of joining in, too, though I might start a couple of days late. Looking forward to your photos!!

3. Posted August 2, 2013 at 9:37 am | Permalink

It appears that with my resignation from my job, I will also be doing this in August, which elates me to no end! Good for you, Lindsey. You are an excellent example to other parents and to your family.

4. Posted August 2, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

I am doing this too except as an attempt to show up more often in my personal writing space. 🙂

5. Posted August 6, 2013 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

I LOVE this idea of posting only photos for a period of time. I look forward to seeing yours, Lindsey. As always, thank you for sharing the view through your lens. xo

6. Posted August 7, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

Love you doing this to acknowledge that you want/need to be enjoying the here & now. AND I love that photos so perfectly epitomize this idea. I’ve been taking my own little summer break but more for family reasons than for fun — I’ll be so excited to come back to blogging, though. Hopefully soon. Maybe I’ll try posting some photos in the meantime – great idea!

One Trackback

1. By Composition of Fragmented Glass | Joy, Lovely Joy on August 15, 2013 at 5:14 am

[…] and also to think about what I want from this space, where I want to go with it. When I read about August Break on A Design So Vast I thought it would be a perfect transition. (I realize we’re half-way through August now, but […]