shadows by the ocean

Jess&Me

I had the most joyful birthday I’ve had in a long time.  I went for a long walk on a deserted beach with one of my oldest and truest friends, J.  She is truly a soulmate, and we are both happiest near the ocean; I will never forget our walk.  We then went to the camp where we met, so many summers ago, to surprise our daughters, who are born 12 weeks apart, on their last night at camp.  We watched them both win awards in their unit and then we walked down to the empty bay to watch a spectacular sunset.  It is impossible to convey how full my heart was.  I’m not afraid of 39 – or anything that may lie ahead – with her by my side.

1. Posted August 20, 2013 at 5:54 am | Permalink

Love this. Friendship is truly one of the best parts of life. Wishing you a great year, Lindsey!

2. Posted August 20, 2013 at 7:08 am | Permalink

There is nothing like that soulmate connection. So glad you had a special birthday. Great photo, too!

3. Posted August 20, 2013 at 8:33 am | Permalink

Happy belated birthday! I’m so glad you had such a wonderful day with your dear friend. Wishing you a fabulous year!

4. Posted August 20, 2013 at 8:54 am | Permalink

Those kindred souls make it all worth it. xoxo

5. Posted August 20, 2013 at 9:18 am | Permalink

You are blessed–deservedly so. For it is in being such a true friend that you receive such soul connection in return. Sending belated birthday love to you.

6. Posted August 20, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

This brought tears to my eyes just as your Reunion post did yesterday. This is beautiful and I am so happy you have such a dear friend in your corner. Xo

7. Posted August 20, 2013 at 7:37 pm | Permalink

What a magical way to spend a birthday. And how excited the girls must have been!!!