Alphabet

Marion20134

A photo from this weekend that has nothing to do with this post. I just love it. Grace, Whit, and their cousins, my sister’s two daughters.  Looking out towards the horizon.

I loved this meme when I saw it for the first time on Writing, Wishing.  It reminded me of my own Alphabet of Right Now, whose reprisal may be called for soon.  But, for now, here we go with Old School Blogging: Alphabet Edition (and thanks to Alison, whose blog is where I found it).

A: Attached or single?  Attached.

B: Best friend?  One of two or three, from college.

C: Cake or pie?  Cake.  Hands down.  I don’t do fruit desserts of any kind.

D: Day of choice? Friday.

E: Essential item? Probably, my iphone, because it’s also my camera. Or my quote books.

F: Favorite color?  Orange.

G: Gummy bears of worms?  Bears, but I’m not a huge fan.  I prefer Swedish fish, though right now am in a huge jellybean phase.  Not Jelly Belly beans, but the larger, generic ones from CVS or Rite Aid.

H: Hometown?  Cambridge, MA.

I: Favorite indulgence? I love massages.

J: January or July?  July all the way.

K: Kids?  Two.  I may have mentioned them here.

L: Life isn’t complete without?  Those two kids. My morning coffee. Mary Oliver. James Taylor. My running shoes.

M: Marriage date? September 9, 2000

N: Number of siblings? One sister, the famous HWM.

O: Oranges or apples?  Apples.  To be specific, Pink Lady are my favorite right now.

P: Phobias? I don’t love roller coasters, though I wouldn’t call it a phobia.  I guess I’m phobic about time passing?

Q: Quotes? Heck, yes. I have been collecting them in notebooks since 1985. I cherish each of my 4 (almost finished with 4) quote books, filled with my handwriting on both sides of each page.

R: Reasons to smile? Oh, so many. The sky. Peonies. Poetry. Grace. Whit. Cold Diet Coke. Hydrangeas. The ocean.

S: Season of choice? Spring.

T: Tag 5 people. Instead I’ll just say: I hope some of you will share this alphabet, and link to it in the comments!

U: Unknown fact about me. I asked my husband. His answer: “you’re actually surprisingly funny.”

V: Vegetable? Asparagus, artichokes, sweet potatoes, summer tomatoes – impossible to choose one.

W: Worst habit? Biting my nails.  Diet Coke.

X: x-ray or ultrasound? Not sure I understand the question.  I’ve had lots of both.  I don’t have a preference.

Y: Your favorite food? French fries. Chocolate chip cookies. Good macaroni & cheese. My food tastes are stuck circa 1978.

Z: Zodiac sign? Leo

1. Posted July 1, 2013 at 7:15 am | Permalink

I don’t usually love memes, but I really enjoyed this one. So many of your responses resonated with me. Quotes, July, macaroni and cheese… And we’re both Leos. I’m August 4. When’s your birthday?

August 16th. Love that we are both August babies!

2. Dana
    Posted July 1, 2013 at 7:18 am | Permalink

Our answers are so similar! I would add, gala apples with fresh squeezed lemon juice and I replaced my diet coke addiction with Turkey Hill green tea mango (probably not better health wise!)
    Happy Summer, xo

Love that they are so similar! I need to rethink this Diet Coke addition, I’m pretty sure of it.

3. Posted July 1, 2013 at 9:11 am | Permalink

I haven’t done the Old School Blogging thing yet, but so many of my friends have, and I love learning more about my virtual friends. I totally agree with you on July over January. Even in hot-as-Hades Texas!

I love this meme for some reason!

4. Posted July 1, 2013 at 10:25 am | Permalink

Love this!! I am going to do mine tomorrow!

Can’t wait to read your answers. xo

5. Posted July 1, 2013 at 10:57 am | Permalink

Ooh, this is so fun. I am putting this on my to-do list. Which means I’ll get to it next year. 🙂 I’ll shoot for next month. xox

I look forward to reading! (love your Harry Potter post today … LOVE). xo

6. Posted July 1, 2013 at 11:49 am | Permalink

I love how the simplicity of this exercise can reveal so much about someone. This is such a fun and interesting meme. Thanks for sharing, Lindsey.

I so agree – I think there is much we learn about others in these small details!

7. Jennifer
    Posted July 1, 2013 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

Love these kind of posts! It will be on the blog this week!

Can’t wait to read. xo

8. Ari
    Posted July 2, 2013 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

I always thought you liked Anne Sexton more than Mary Oliver. So reading you can’t live without Mary Oliver made me happy 🙂

Oh, definitely, if forced to choose one poet, it would be Mary Oliver!!

9. Posted July 6, 2013 at 10:30 am | Permalink

We have a great deal in common. I’m a Leo too and I’m definitely phobic about time passing.