Surrender to what is

“Always say “yes” to the present moment. What could be more futile, more insane, than to create inner resistance to what already is? what could be more insane than to oppose life itself, which is now and always now? Surrender to what is. Say “yes” to life — and see how life suddenly starts working for you rather than against you.” -Eckhart Tolle

Yet again, I found this marvelous passage on Patti Digh’s blog, 37 Days.

1. Posted April 26, 2013 at 6:50 am | Permalink

“what could be more insane than to oppose life itself, which is now and always now? ” How true and how easy to forget… Thank you for the reminder.

2. Posted April 26, 2013 at 8:22 am | Permalink

If I could just remember this, in the moments I am utterly insane. Thanks for the reminder.

3. Jill
    Posted April 26, 2013 at 9:31 am | Permalink

The futility of creating inner resistance to what already is…so relevant to me in this moment, this week. Thank you for the perspective change! If I could only be present to this idea more often, then so much of my (self-created?)angst would instantly dissipate. Arghhh to ahhhhh in one breath.

4. Rochelle Dalton
    Posted April 26, 2013 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

This quote resonates with me as I think I about where I am today, embarking on a new professional opportunity and where I was pretty much one year ago – when I was literally swimming agains the tides of change that unfolded in my life. Anyways, I am a new reader of your blog and have really connected with your thoughts and ideas around – being present, being an introverted MBA, and the myth of work/life balance.

I’m so glad to hear you’re reading – and that we have so much in common! xox

5. Posted April 28, 2013 at 8:53 am | Permalink

You always point me to the best places. Thank you!

2 Trackbacks

1. By | We Love Gratitude : Be Grateful on April 26, 2013 at 11:24 am

[…] Seeing Andrea and Lindsey on a similar […]

2. By Of projects, priorities, and perfect days on April 29, 2013 at 8:57 am

[…] upon Patti Digh’s 37 days. (Actually, I didn’t happen upon it. I followed a link from Lindsey Mead, who regularly points me to wonderful resources that help me notice and appreciate all the […]