Photo Wednesday 36: then and now

swings

Last Friday, Grace, Whit, and I walked home from school in the snow.  We stopped at our local playground and they spent an hour running, jumping, building snowmen, and laughing.  I laughed with and at them, my fingers got numb, and I kept flashing back to the many, many hours we’ve spent at this park over the almost 12 years we’ve lived here.

May03.Grace

Like this hour, in May 2003, when Grace was 7 months old.  In the same swings she’s standing on above. Jun06

And this hour, in June 2006, when 16 month old Whit couldn’t stop hurling himself down the green plastic slide.  It was covered in snow last week, but he still went down it over and over again.

Then, now, sunshine, snow: it all blends together into a beautiful swirl of memory and longing and color and life.

1. Posted March 13, 2013 at 5:16 am | Permalink

Love!! Can you believe their little bodies used to fit in those baby swings?!

2. Posted March 13, 2013 at 5:36 am | Permalink

Oh my word. Sometimes I look at the little outfits they wore home from the hospital..and it seems nearly impossible that their bodies were truly that small.

3. Posted March 13, 2013 at 6:18 am | Permalink

I KNOW I feel the same about our park in just as many years. We spend so much time there; it feels like a character in my life.

4. Posted March 13, 2013 at 6:33 am | Permalink

How is it possible that 2003 was 10 whole years ago? Time just confounds me.

Such sweet photos of your babies, both then and now. I’m in awe because I could never (ever) get my Grace to leave a hat on her head. 🙂

5. Posted March 13, 2013 at 10:23 am | Permalink

The rate at which children grow never ceases to amaze me. And now, with all the different ways you can capture the moments of their lives, it’s somehow even more amazing. It’s kind of like technology strengthens our memories … you can look at a photo from years past and know that you’re not crazy, thinking they really DID fit into that baby swing, LOL! Cheers to you and your beautiful, growing babies, Lindsey =)

6. Posted March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

So neat that you can mark their ages at the same spot, all these years later. xox

7. Posted March 13, 2013 at 10:07 pm | Permalink

Ack. They are SO cute!!!!

8. Matt Russell
    Posted March 14, 2013 at 6:06 am | Permalink

Takes my breath away to see these pictures