Photo Wednesday 31

hockey

Sunday morning, 7am.  I was openly skeptical of the decision for Whit to play hockey, quite critical of the schedule (6am games on Sundays?) and demands, and basically not into the idea at all.  I never thought I’d say this, then: I am so glad my son plays hockey.  I even like the early morning games.  On the Sundays that I take him, it’s just us, alone in the world, munching a toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwich as we drive through the rising dawn.  I love it.

1. Posted February 6, 2013 at 5:48 am | Permalink

I’m going to have to take your word on this one!

2. Matt
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 9:28 am | Permalink

There is nothing better in this world than to watch the determination and love he has for the game.

3. Posted February 6, 2013 at 9:32 am | Permalink

Love it!

4. Posted February 6, 2013 at 9:34 am | Permalink

I know that crazy feeling…when I’m driving my kids to ski races or early morning training, I love the family time.

5. Posted February 6, 2013 at 10:35 am | Permalink

I’m with Stacey … we’ll take your word for it. However, I do admire and GET the fierce adoration a mama feels for their offspring doing something meaningful … cool!

6. Posted February 6, 2013 at 11:40 am | Permalink

I’m just thinking the black team looks like its players are way bigger than the white team. : )

7. Posted February 6, 2013 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

I love the image of you driving through the dawn with PB&J sandwiches to get to early morning games.

8. Posted February 6, 2013 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

When my son played football, I had such a love/hate with it. Won’t go into the hate, but I loved (deeply deeply) watching him work at something he absolutely loves. I loved watching him fight for it. If he could find something else that gives him that, I’d get up at 6:00 AM on Sunday mornings, too.

When the games are at 6, we’re getting up at FIVE! xo