I’ve written before about how I believe small details about a person can reveal huge swaths about their essential nature. Once in a while I happen upon a question that I think uncovers this kind of truth. Usually the question is about something really tiny. But somehow, in the glittering detail it reveals about a person, I think I can glimpse the shimmer of the whole universe that sparkles inside of them. Sometimes I like to ask these questions on twitter. I’m curious as to how some of you would answer them, too.
– If you are married, do you and your spouse have anything engraved inside your wedding rings? If so, what?
– Have you broken bones? A lot, or none? Which?
– Who is your favorite fictional character of all?
– If you are (or have been) married, what was the first dance song at your wedding?
– What was your very favorite book when you were a child?
Do you agree with me that small details about people can provide windows into the expansive sky of their souls? How would you answer these questions?
Get Lindsey's thoughts on mindful living and parenting in your inbox