Photo Wednesday 28

IMG_7044

Grace has been asking me non-stop when she can get her own Instagram account.  I’m not letting her yet, but this weekend she guest-posted on mine. She took this picture, cropped, filtered, and posted it on her own.  I’ve written before about how much I love to swing (even though sometimes it gives me vertigo), but I also love the palpable joy on my face in this picture.

1. Posted January 16, 2013 at 6:24 am | Permalink

Such a great photo!

2. Posted January 16, 2013 at 7:03 am | Permalink

Greatest picture ever!!! Do you take all your photos with your phone? And do have one of the extra lenses or do you do all your editing via Instagram? Trying to up the ante a bit with my picture taking 🙂

3. Hilary Mead
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 7:40 am | Permalink

I love this picture. Period.

4. Tracy
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 7:40 am | Permalink

<3 I love to swing too but yeah, it *does* give me vertigo. Also, sometimes the butt does not fit in/on the swing. A problem you do not have. 🙂

5. Posted January 16, 2013 at 7:50 am | Permalink

My soon to be 11 year old is insisting that he is the ONLY one in school who doesn’t have an IG account. Ugh. Still holding off…

6. Amy VanEchaute
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 8:21 am | Permalink

Love this. Well done, Grace!

7. dana
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 9:05 am | Permalink

Misty, I have an 11 year old son and just allowed him to have Instagram. You are correct, he probably is the only one. Most of us are very educated and concerned parents but for some reason, most folks give in (and very early) and care more about their kids being popular and socially accepted. Third graders are now sporting i phones!!!! I don’t know if this helps, but I firmly believe I need to show my kids how to properly use social media because it will never go away. There is a good learning opportunity. Be clear about the rules and use it to build trust and growth.

8. dana
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 9:11 am | Permalink

Oops, meant to say, great job Grace. What a beautiful Mom you have!!! So glad to see you feeling healthy and happy after that bad cold. xx

9. Posted January 16, 2013 at 9:26 am | Permalink

Love it! I’m curious about the little arm just to your left…trying to keep up with you? My teens are obsessed with Instagram…I’m just beginning to use it myself.

10. Sally Willits
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

Hi! Let’s connect on INSTAGRAM! I am Sallygrove!

Love, me