Photo Wednesday 27: snow angels

We spent a couple of days last week in New Hampshire.  Our dearest friends generously let us stay in their house for two nights.  It snowed heavily the second night.  On the third day I went for a walk by myself in the new, deep snow.  In one secluded bower of trees I fell to my knees and, overcome with something I can’t name, bowed my head.  And then I looked up, all around, absorbing the beauty of this undisturbed corner of the world, that was mine alone to see covered with fresh snow.  And then, as I trudged back to the house, I stopped to make a snow angel.

1. Posted January 2, 2013 at 5:56 am | Permalink

I love how strong your angel looks! What a wonderful treat to spend that time in the quiet of a new fallen snow…

2. Posted January 2, 2013 at 10:55 am | Permalink

Sounds glorious!

3. Posted January 2, 2013 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

I love that you allowed yourself to PLAY! How nourishing to the soul–the whole experience. I’m waiting for our own midwestern snow fall to collect and pile up!

4. Posted January 2, 2013 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

Oh, I so, so love that photo!

5. Posted January 2, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

How beautiful…I have had some serene moments in the snow this week as well, but haven’t quite done what you did. The next snowfall I’m in for an angel!

6. Posted January 2, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Permalink

New snow feels almost sacred to me and I have a hard time walking in it sometimes. It just looks so perfect.

I’m glad you found some time for yourself to revel in nature’s beauty yet have some fun. Sounds like a perfect day!

7. Shahla
    Posted January 2, 2013 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

And that is life 🙂 enjoying every corner of the gorgeous glorious nature..

8. Sara
    Posted January 2, 2013 at 10:34 pm | Permalink

So beautiful! I’m sure your step was lighter after making that Angel.

9. Posted January 6, 2013 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Making snow angels lets me feel like a kid again!