Solstice

Last night we celebrated the solstice, as we do every year.  Grace and Whit joined us for the first, and last, time.  My thoughts on the solstice, darkness and light, and my family’s many-year tradition are here, on the Huffington Post.

And today, we turn back towards the light.

1. Posted December 22, 2012 at 10:22 am | Permalink

A post well worth clicking through to. Thank you for sharing your tradition. I have been feeling nudges to make the solstice a larger part of this season for my family; this inspires me to do so.

2. Posted December 22, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Permalink

One of my fave posts of yours on HuffPo. Even though I have never attended this party, I felt myself get choked up and achy at the thought of it being over.

3. Posted December 23, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Left you a comment there but I don’t think my comments are showing up. I’ll check back later because now I’m curious whether they are or not. Either way–wanted to tell you what a cool tradition this is. And it was a beautiful post as always.

4. Posted December 23, 2012 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

What a beautiful post on Huffington. I’m amazed at the depth and beauty you present to your children on a daily basis.

5. Barb Evenson
    Posted December 24, 2012 at 8:34 am | Permalink

Hi Lindsey – Check out Peter Mayer’s song “The Longest Night”. Beautiful lyrics about the winter solstice.

6. Posted December 28, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

This is really lovely, Lindsey, and inspiring! What a great idea and beautiful tradition. Love, Lisa