Photo Wednesday 19

This girl.  This baby. On Friday she is 10.  I’m hair-trigger emotional and very tearful about it.  This parenting is a perpetual farewell and an endless alleluia.

1. Posted October 24, 2012 at 6:40 am | Permalink

a decade of mamahood. I know you write often about the journey, but wondering what the most sacred insights have been in the past 10 years. celebrating you both.

2. Posted October 24, 2012 at 6:47 am | Permalink

‘a perpetual farewell and an endless alleluia’- beautiful. All I can do is nod and smile one of those bittersweet smiles we don’t even know exist before having kids. Thank you.

3. Posted October 24, 2012 at 7:25 am | Permalink

What a sweet photo! And I love your words.

4. Posted October 24, 2012 at 9:38 am | Permalink

Happy Birthday to you mama and to beautiful Grace.

5. Amy
    Posted October 24, 2012 at 10:23 am | Permalink

“perpetual farewell and an endless alleluia” — beautiful! My oldest son is turning 7 next week and you have put into words exactly what I am feeling. Oddly, though, my younger is turning 4 this weekend and I don’t have quite the same emotions. Is it an oldest child/first time parent thing? Is it because I passed through the crucible the first time and not so much the second? At any rate, Happy Birthday to you Grace and Lindsey!

6. Posted October 24, 2012 at 11:05 am | Permalink

Oh my goodness. What a beautiful soul! I’m struck right now by the ways the births of kids are also births of their parents – into whole new personhoods.

So…birthday love all around!

7. Posted October 24, 2012 at 11:42 am | Permalink

We are approaching 10 years here too. She is so ready. I am so not. xo

8. Posted October 25, 2012 at 9:56 am | Permalink

“perpetual farewell and an endless alleluia”
    amen.
    That brought tears to my eyes.

9. Posted October 25, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

….. this photo brings me back 🙂 Happy Birthday Grace 🙂

10. Posted October 29, 2012 at 9:16 am | Permalink

Just discovered your blog via HuffPost – what a gem, full of grace. I love this line: “a perpetual farewell and an endless alleluia.” Perfect – thank you.