Photo Wednesday 18: solace in the library

On Monday Grace was home sick from school.  She mostly lay around reading and watching TV, but midmorning we decided to go out for a slow walk.  She believes, as I do, that fresh air is the cure for everything.  She asked to walk to the library.  When we got there she parked herself for a solid 25-30 minutes on the floor and paged through books.  When we left, she slipped her hand into mine and sighed, “Oh, I feel so much better.  I think the library fixed me.”  Me too.  It always does.

1. Posted October 17, 2012 at 9:09 am | Permalink

Love this post. The library and books have always been a place of solace, refuge and inspiration for me. My daughter and I enjoy our weekly visits. I’ll remember your “cure” for Grace the next time my daughter encounters a sick day!

2. Posted October 17, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

too enamored by this. love her sentiments about libraries. hope she feels vibrantly healthy again soon.

3. Posted October 17, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

When I first saw this photo, I thought, at first glance, that it was an old photo of you. Crazy.

Love her sentiments. Sending her love and get-well-wishes. xoxo

4. Posted October 17, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

that is so sweet. She sounds like such a wise little girl. I hope she always feels that way about books.

5. Posted October 25, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

Me too. We went to the library today. The girls found books and magazines and played Magic Schoolbus on the computer. I helped the librarian cut out cat pictures for storytime. Peace and happiness.

One Trackback