Things I Want My 10 Year Old Daughter To Know

Grace is rounding the curve to ten.  I am not sure how this is possible.  In my second month of blogging here she turned four.  Now she’s more than halfway to her tenth birthday.  It’s irrefutable.  I feel ever more aware of her girlhood and looming adolescence, and of all the things I want her to know, as if I could somehow instill values and beliefs into her, like pressing a penny into soft clay.  I know I can’t; the best I can do is to keep saying them, keep writing them, keep living them.

Ten things I want my ten year old daughter to know:

1. It is not your job to keep the people you love happy.  Not me, not Daddy, not your brother, not your friends.  I promise, it’s not.  The hard truth is that you can’t, anyway.

2. Don’t lose your physical fearlessness.   Please continue using your body in the world: run, jump, climb, throw.  I love watching you streaking down the soccer field, or swinging proudly along a row of monkey bars, or climbing into the high branches of a tree.  There is both health and a sense of mastery in physical activity and challenges.

3. Don’t be afraid to share your passions.  You are sometimes embarrassed that you still like to play with dolls, for example, and you worry that your friends will make fun of you.  Anyone who teases you for what you love to do is not a true friend.  This is hard to realize, but essential.

4. It is okay to disagree with me, and others.  You are old enough to have a point of view, and I want to hear it.  So do those who love you.  Don’t pick fights for the sake of it, of course but when you really feel I’m wrong, please say so.  You have heard me say that you are right, and you’ve heard me apologize for my behavior or point of view when I realize they were wrong.  Your perspective is both valid and valuable.  Don’t shy away from expressing it.

5. You are so very beautiful.  Your face now holds the baby you were and the young woman you are rapidly becoming.  My eyes and cleft chin and your father’s coloring combine into someone unique, someone purely you.  I can see the clouds of society’s beauty myth hovering, manifest in your own growing self-consciousness.  I beg of you not to lose sight with your own beauty, so much of which comes from the fact that your spirit runs so close to the surface.

6. Keep reading.  Reading is the central leisure-time joy of my life, as you know.  I am immensely proud and pleased to see that you seem to share it.  That identification you feel with characters, that sense of slipping into another world, of getting lost there in the best possible way?  Those never go away.  Welcome.

7. You are not me.  We are very alike, but you are your own person, entirely, completely, fully.  I know this, I promise, even when I lose sight of it.  I know that separation from me is one of the fundamental tasks of your adolescence, which I can see glinting over the horizon.  I dread it like ice in my stomach, that space, that distance, that essential cleaving, but I want you to know I know how vital it is.  I’m going to be here, no matter what, Grace.  The red string that ties us together will stretch.  I know it will.  And once the transition is accomplished there will be a new, even better closeness.  I know that too.

8. It is almost never about you.  What I mean is when people act in a way that hurts or makes you feel insecure, it is almost certainly about something happening inside of them, and not about you.  I struggle with this one mightily, and I have tried very, very hard never once to tell you you are being “too sensitive” or to “get over it” when you feel hurt.  Believe me, I know how feelings can slice your heart, even if your head knows otherwise.  But maybe, just maybe, it will help to remember that almost always other people are struggling with their own demons, even if they bump into you by accident.

9. There is no single person who can be your everything.  Be very careful about bestowing this power on any one person.  I suspect you are trying to fill a gnawing loneliness, and if you are you inherited it from me.  That feeling, Woolf’s “emptiness about the heart of life,” is just part of the deal.  Trying to fill that ache with other people (or with anything else, like food, alcohol, numbing behaviors of a zillion sorts you don’t even know of yet) is a lost cause, and nobody will be up to the task.  You will feel let down, and, worse, that loneliness will be there no matter what.  I’m learning to embrace it, to accept it as part of who I am.  I hope to help you do the same.

10. I am trying my best.  I know I’m not good enough and not the mother you deserve.  I am impatient and fallible and I raise my voice.  I am sorry.  I love you and your brother more than I love anyone else in the entire world and I always wish I could be better for you.  I’ll admit I don’t always love your behavior, and I’m quick to tell you that.  But every single day, I love you with every fiber of my being.  No matter what.

1. Posted May 7, 2012 at 4:04 am | Permalink

This is just amazing, Lindsey. What a lucky little girl to have this list, and to have you. xox

2. Posted May 7, 2012 at 4:48 am | Permalink

What a blessing you are to Grace and she to you. I would love to share this Caroline if that would be ok? And then I would like to write to my own although I’m not sure what else there is to say- this is wonderful.

Of course it’s okay! And I’d love to hear your thoughts on the subject. You are among a small, treasured group of dear friends with daughters the same age as Grace, and I am intensely grateful for your companionship on this path. xox

3. Posted May 7, 2012 at 5:22 am | Permalink

This is so beautiful. I wish all daughters had these words to steer by, LIndsey, thank you.

As my girl heads off to college in a few months, I am trying to form my own. This post is a wonderful inspiration.

XOXO

4. Amy
    Posted May 7, 2012 at 5:37 am | Permalink

I wish I had read these wise words when i was ten. Instead I will learn from them now and fold the, away to share when my own daughter arrives. Thank you thank you!

5. Posted May 7, 2012 at 6:07 am | Permalink

Beautiful. I’ll take those ten reminders for my 40th birthday too! x

6. Posted May 7, 2012 at 6:25 am | Permalink

These are all wonderful, Lindsey, but I especially resonate with #8, as not a 10-year-old but a 33-year-old! I am struggling with this right now with someone in my life, and they are just the words I needed to hear. I have always been “too sensitive,” too, something that my own mother was quick to remind me that “I’d grow out of someday.” Your list hits upon a truth that I’ve been pondering lately, something I’d like to write about soon: the very things I am trying to cultivate in my own daughter are the things I am trying desperately to cultivate in myself.

7. Posted May 7, 2012 at 7:13 am | Permalink

This is an amazing list…and I agree, I want to pass it along to Kiddo when she’s older. And I think I could use this as a reminder at times. I was going to point out the one that “hits” me the most, but they all do. Fantastic, just spot-on. Thank you for starting my week off this way!

8. Posted May 7, 2012 at 7:47 am | Permalink

Beautiful. I hope you show this to her!

I think I will for it to her on her 10th birthday!

9. Posted May 7, 2012 at 8:13 am | Permalink

I’ve been so busy the last couple of weeks – I’ve been behind in reading. I come back to reading this monday morning and start the day with tears – such beautiful writing.

10. Posted May 7, 2012 at 8:23 am | Permalink

our daughters share the same name :) a sweet name for sweet girls and from reading this, it seems they have a lot in common.

this is beautiful, really beautiful!

11. Posted May 7, 2012 at 8:30 am | Permalink

Lindsey, this is beautiful. Ten is a great age, especially when she is able to read this herself and understand these words you’ve lovingly crafted for her.

12. Posted May 7, 2012 at 8:41 am | Permalink

Love. This. Great wisdom here for all of us–at any age.

13. Posted May 7, 2012 at 8:45 am | Permalink

I am reading this as a letter to MY 10 year old SELF and wishing these were things that I was told when I was younger.

Of course, everything that has happened to me since has shaped me into who I am… but…

I was talking to my husband yesterday and wondering how different the world would be if parents taught their children only two things:
    1. be kind
    2. trust yourself

these are the things I would teach my children (if I had any) and I will continue to teach myself.

Beautifully written and incredibly moving, great reminders to me, even at more than 10 years old.

Thank-you.

14. Posted May 7, 2012 at 8:46 am | Permalink

I feel completely raw and tender reading this, having a 13 year old niece without a mom who is struggling, suffering. You are such a good mom, Grace is so lucky.

15. Diane
    Posted May 7, 2012 at 10:06 am | Permalink

you are the mother she deserves in all your beautifully human ways.

16. Posted May 7, 2012 at 11:01 am | Permalink

I could probably stand to learn these things too. Esp. #8, which is both freeing and very compassionate. What if I could see the ways that people hurt me as some insight into their own struggles?

17. Posted May 7, 2012 at 11:49 am | Permalink

wiping tears away, beautifully written.

18. Posted May 7, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

Grace (and the rest of us) are so lucky to have your words.

19. Jen
    Posted May 7, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

These words are beautiful and ones that every young girl (and some of us older ones!) should hear – often. Thank you for your eloquence and openness. A blessing!

20. Posted May 7, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Love, love, love this! Just read it to my 11-year old daughter. Thank you.

21. Posted May 7, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Beautiful. I hope this gets passed all around the big wide web (and from one of my student’s hands to the next).

22. Posted May 7, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Listen, Sugar. I I tell you when my birthday is, will you tell me just 4 or 5 things you’d like me to know? This is just beautiful. Things from the heart always are. And oh my goodness, how she will treasure this as the years go by.

23. Posted May 7, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

p.s. Telling me that the word “if” has an “f” as the second letter can count as one, since I obviously need to know that.

24. Posted May 8, 2012 at 6:42 am | Permalink

Absolutely wonderful, Lindsey. I love this, being the mother of two who will be 10 some day. Thank you for this gift.

25. Posted May 8, 2012 at 9:23 am | Permalink

Bravo. This was beautiful. I’m printing it out for my daughter’s scrapbook. What a heartfelt, touching piece…nice job.

26. Posted May 8, 2012 at 9:29 am | Permalink

What wonderful advice! I have an 11-year-old daughter and so many of these things are the same things I’m hoping she will hold onto, too.

27. Posted May 8, 2012 at 9:35 am | Permalink

when this gets shared, can you please warn people (i.e. hormonal moms especially) that they will need tissues? thanks.

I pretty much want to copy this, and edit it for my 7yo. She needs to hear it.

thanks.

28. Margaret
    Posted May 8, 2012 at 11:46 am | Permalink

Just incredible. Your words encompass everything I believe, feel, value, and fiercely want to be passed on to my almost-10-year-old daughter Carly – and I certainly could not have said it better – or half as eloquently – myself, and should be oh-so-grateful for your generous sharing – once again – as always!! Your way with words is just magic, the attention you give to your thoughts, feelings, and surroundings is just astounding and your blog is simply a gift to everyone lucky enough to have found it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

29. Posted May 8, 2012 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Lindsey, this is just stunning. I wish I’d had these words when I was ten. I’m going to inhale them now and try to share them with my own oldest daughter, who is eight. Thank you.

30. Emily
    Posted May 8, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Amen to every one of these!

31. Beth Perez
    Posted May 8, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

Lindsey-
    I love this! May I print it for Christina who is only a few months ahead of Grace on the path to 10! I love the list for myself as well.
    Love
    Beth

32. Posted May 9, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

LOVE love love! Especially 1, 8, and 9 but really all of them. Such a lucky daughter.

33. Posted May 11, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

Found this on Pinterest. I just love it. I reposted it on my blog, with a few changes, and linked back to you. Beautiful.

34. Posted May 12, 2012 at 6:36 am | Permalink

Beautiful. My daughter is five today and I found this post of yours. Breathtaking and beautiful. Thank you.

35. Posted June 6, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

I have a friend who (with a bit of help from the rest of us friends!) Wrote her daughter a book for her 13th birthday. It was called ‘Things I Wish I’d Known At 13′.
    It had everything from boys, relationships, sex, hygiene, friends, jobs, education etc. Just snippets of information that people just don’t tell their kids, some things seem unimportant at the time but these things are BIG at that age.
    I love this post, it’s so important to treat our kids ‘not so like little kids’. They have brains and we underestimate them.

36. Posted June 7, 2012 at 5:55 am | Permalink

Great list, Lindsey! If we take these ten and share one a day with our children … it will make a profound impact on their lives! Happy Birthday to your daughter. :-)

37. Posted June 7, 2012 at 6:49 am | Permalink

Substitute ages 30, 24, and 13 for “10″ … and this is a PERFECT article for me to share with my 3 daughters :) As a mom/grandmother, I still search for parenting advice. This is beautiful!! Thank you.

38. j larus
    Posted June 7, 2012 at 8:05 am | Permalink

This resonates with me, and I have one suggested edit. You Are good enough. You are not perfect, but she is lucky to have you for a mom!

39. yvette
    Posted June 7, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

I HONESTLY can relate to this beautiful writing. I THANK YOU!!

40. Julie
    Posted June 7, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

As a new mother of a precious baby girl, I sure enjoyed this post!
    #8 really resonated with me. It was great to see it put into words, and especially such eloquent ones.
    I know everyone can relate to #9, but the idea of “embracing” the loneliness really broke my heart. I fully believe that the ache you speak of is part of the deal, but only because we live in a broken world, separated from the One who created us and designed us to be in relationship with Him. I am praying that you and your daughter will both come to know the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ, and the peace, joy, and fullness that come with that deal. I have been learning (slowly) over the last two decades how to make Him my everything, and I He alone has never once let me down. Oh, I have often burdened other people and things with the pressure to be everything to me, and I’ve found your assessment to be correct every time. But He can handle our neediness and our expectations. There is such hope in Him!!
    That’s been on my heart ever since I read this yesterday, and I couldn’t keep it to myself. I do thank you for your openness and your beautiful writing, and I wish you and your family the best!

41. Monica
    Posted June 7, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

My daughter’s name is Grace as well and she is turning 10 next year. I plan to read this post to her. It was very inspirational. I wish my mom had given me such advice. Thank you

42. Fran Sherman
    Posted June 7, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

How can I get a copy of the “10 Things I want my Daughter to know”? Would love to send it to my daughter to share with my 2 granddaughters (9 and 11 yrs).

43. Posted June 9, 2012 at 8:19 am | Permalink

This is so spot on–exactly what I’m STILL trying to remember for my 14 year-old daughter, and of course, myself!

44. Maya
    Posted June 9, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

My daughter turned 10 a couple weeks ago and my son is 12 today. Your post hit the spot as it were.

This is a lovely love letter to your daughter. Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.

45. Posted June 10, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Permalink

Fantastic list and I agree with one poster above that probably the best piece of advice is item no. 8 : )

I think you are being a bit hard on yourself in item no. 10……………I am sure many would agree you are a great mother : )

46. Kim Fraser
    Posted September 18, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

Beautiful words! I came across your blog/posts about Lee ann Womack’s song “I hope you dance” in Moments of Wonder that you wrote about. Reading your words lifts and inspires me and I also relate so closely. It feels wonderful reading it all. I’m a new Mom and I will be sharing this with my own daughter down the road :)
    Thank you.

47. LISA
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Thank you for you words. I plan on sharing them with my 16 year daughter. My favorite is #9. I have always felt unsure of what that feeling meant and after reading your words think I have a better understanding of this common human emotion and now I don’t have feel quite so confused and guilty about having it.

48. Posted October 22, 2012 at 11:34 am | Permalink

Hi there Lindsey,
    My friend Leah Kilfoyle (I understand she is also a friend of yours) sent me your blog post. It was very touching and rang true in so many ways.

I am a songwriter and took the liberty of using your ideas for the attached song. I hope you enjoy it, as it was inspired by your words of wisdom.

PS. Sorry for the less than perfect production; I recorded it at home.

49. Posted November 8, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

THis is powerful wrenching and beautiful. Thank you.

50. Marguerite
    Posted December 1, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

While my daughter has just turned 21 I will still give her this message. I will also give it to my sister of 46 who still struggles with world at times, and myself as a useful reminder for the next phase of my menopausal journey. These wonderful messages are still relevant as we continue to grow. Thank you!

51. Posted December 4, 2012 at 5:50 am | Permalink

Beautiful, wise words, what a gift to your daughter! I wish more parents could appreciate and accept these essential truths and be prepared to share them with their children. :)

52. Dana
    Posted December 10, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

Lindsey, I found your website by chance. So happy I found you! I am a mother of three boys, Could you write “things I want my son to know?”

53. Meagan
    Posted December 19, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

I have my own Grace, on the cusp of adolescence (9, next month) and you articulated my own thoughts, fears, and desires for my perfect little girl. My Grace and your Grace sound a lot alike too..I want to foster her adventurous spirit, her innocence, and fearlessness as long as I can. I truly enjoyed reading this!

54. Kristen
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

as an 18 year old, slowly trying to figure out how the world works, i think that this works for any age.

55. Steffi
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Permalink

This was incredibly awesome to read. I just wish my mom could have reassured me on some of these things. We stil have a ton of gaps

56. Posted January 4, 2013 at 9:49 am | Permalink

Found you through Mighty Girl who linked to this post on FB. Adore your writing. This piece seems almost like something I would write to my own daughter. You’ve gained a reader =)

57. Barbara Lodge
    Posted January 4, 2013 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

This is just beautiful – all the more so because it is so heartfelt. I hope you will save it for your daughter to read someday. She will be very touched, as are all of us who have read it.

58. Linda
    Posted January 5, 2013 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Just beautiful… words of wisdom for a 10yo and all of us Moms who have lost our way a little and need reminding. Thank you for touching my heart.

59. Posted January 5, 2013 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Excellent! Beautiful! Regarding #10: We may sometimes feel we are not good enough for our children but based on what you have written in this post ….how can that be true?

60. Katie
    Posted January 7, 2013 at 10:24 am | Permalink

Thank you –I just sent your link to my 21-year old daughter. I’ve said these things over and over, but to have it all collected in thought, as you have done, is comforting.

61. Posted January 26, 2013 at 7:43 am | Permalink

Love this. Recently did research on topic, and I realized that I was working on all the wrong things when I grew up, most of us women do. I was working on being popular, thin, and loved by a boy/man. If I would have worked on liking and knowing myself all the other problems would have worked themselves out. How can you like yourself if you don’t know who you are? Kudos for the list! Even biger kudos for being a great mom!

62. Posted February 26, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

“I suspect you are trying to feel a gnawing loneliness” I cringe at reading that part and what follows. I do not know you at all nor am I judging you. I will say this; I feel (again.. knowing nothing about you or your family at all) that that could be asking to instill something in Grace that may not even be there. To suggest it (if she were to read that) I think isn’t too good at all. (my three cents-

I love everything about this post other than that and it put tears in my eyes.. (my own issues)

Bless you and good luck =]

Jason H. West

Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for this thoughtful comment – you may well be right. I’m not sure. Though she’s only 10 I do get the sense that this is a familiar feeling for her, so that is what I was getting at – but you are right to point out the power of suggestion. xox

63. David Seeto
    Posted February 28, 2013 at 6:15 am | Permalink

Thank you for sharing so eloquently ~ although is it meant to be “feel a gnawing loneliness” in #9, or “fill”? There is a subtle but powerful difference.

Gosh, YES – thank you for that catch!! I so appreciate it. xo

64. Posted March 1, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

This is so beautiful, Lindsey. Thank you for sharing your powerful thoughts. So many of these things I wish that my mother had told me. Instead, it took me a lot of life to figure them out. You and your daughter are so lucky to have each other.

65. Chris
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

I don’t understand why you would tell your 10 year old that you’re not good enough and she deserves a better mother??

That is a really good question and one that I’ve been asking myself. On the Huffington Post version of this piece I said many times that I wish I could change #10. I don’t want to tell her that. Thanks for pointing it out.

66. jyotsna sharma
    Posted May 12, 2013 at 10:43 am | Permalink

although I am a daughter still not a mother but I understand that my mom thinks the same for me because for 20yrs., which I’ve been with her, I got to understand her more than ever n no matter how oftenly we argue or have clash in our opinions but I still know that nobody can love me more than her n nobody will ever love her more than I do…
    for a daughter, no matter how much she’s attached to her father, MOTHER remains a MOTHER and for me my mom is the best ideal i’ll ever be to be like…
    and for your daughter you ARE the BEST MOTHER she could ever have… :)))

67. Posted July 5, 2013 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

Hi my name is Isabella and I am about to turn 9 in July and my grandmother told me to read this and now I feel better about myself and I hope this message gets out to everybody that you don’t have to pretty to do anything and to just be your house PLEASE RIGHT BACK

68. Lili Foster
    Posted July 16, 2013 at 1:25 am | Permalink

Thank you!. As my daughter turns 10 in a week I’ve been processing deep emotions and wanted to do something special to mark this passage of turning double digit. Found your 10 things and loved it. I’m inspired to write my own version for her.Grace is an extremely lucky girl!
    Sincerely, Lili

Thank you. Happy birthday to your daughter – and to you! xo

69. Single Dad of 2 & a Cat.
    Posted August 19, 2013 at 9:19 pm | Permalink

That’s bad ass! I came here looking for advice on my soon to be 12 y/o daughter who just wrote a love note to a boy she likes in her 6th grade class, and I found this post. I will have to tweek this a but to come from a man’s perspective but I wholeheartedly agree with everythign she wrote. This took courage too. I give you props, Super-Mom whoever you are!

RC

Thank you! Pretty sure I’m no super-mom, but I really appreciate your saying that! xox

70. Lillian
    Posted September 30, 2013 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

What a lovely and honest letter to your daughter. I remember feeling that age 10 was a real year of change. I truly felt a sense of “me”, of real independence at that age. This resonated with me. She is lucky to have you.

Thank you so, so much for saying that. I hope you’re right. xox

71. Posted September 30, 2013 at 7:48 pm | Permalink

Hi Lindsey.

I stumbled onto your blog via Facebook and this post is exactly what I want to tell my six-year-old daughter when she’s ten. My version of what you’re doing is to send emails to her (and her brother) at email addresses they don’t even know they have yet. I plan to copy your post and send it to her so she can read it when she’s old enough. Just wanted you to know.

Thank you.

–Brian

Oh, I love that. So they will open the email at some point and have all this record … wonderful. xox

72. Posted September 30, 2013 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

Excellent
    My daughter is 9 so this is a gift to me
    I will share it in my gentle parenting page as well ;)
    Thank You!

Thank you so much! xox

73. Shelby Backman
    Posted September 30, 2013 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much for posting this. This is exactly what I’ve been thinking of recently. I’m only 23, but it’s hard not to think about these little life lessons that you want to pass along as you realize them.

Thank YOU. Yes, I think it is always good to reflect, no matter where we are in life. xo

74. Jan
    Posted October 1, 2013 at 5:04 am | Permalink

Beautiful, beautiful, Beautiful!

75. Posted October 1, 2013 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Hello!
    I stumbled upon this post and I took the freedom to translate it to Spanish and posted it on my website, saying it is yours of course. I hope to deliver to Spanish moms what you made me feel…

Bea

Thank YOU. So much!

76. Posted October 1, 2013 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

Happy to follow you on facebook :)

77. Kate
    Posted October 1, 2013 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

This is amazing. So many details echo the exact same things I want to say, but haven’t found the words! I think I may have to use it as a starting point to my own almost 10 year old daughter & her 8 year old sister behind her.
    Thank you for such a wonderful gift.

Thank you so much for these kind words. They really mean a lot. xox

4 Trackbacks

1. By Futility « Red Pen Mama on May 8, 2012 at 10:41 am

[...] dammit. Here’s stuff I have to start telling Flora now (and Kate soon). Bring tissues. Like this:LikeBe the first to like this [...]

2. [...] would you tell him/her about the life ahead? The question got me thinking, and then I stumbled upon a blog post by a writer who actually composed a letter to her own young daughter with 10 important i…. It’s a great list that includes some poignant thoughts as well as simple suggestions, like read [...]

3. By Weekend Reading | Stripes & Sequins on October 5, 2013 at 4:01 am

[…] mom posted this to her Facebook page and I thought it was really […]

4. By For McGee at 9 1/2 Years Old | Soul Retreat on December 12, 2013 at 9:09 pm

[…] http://www.adesignsovast.com/2012/05/things-i-want-my-10-year-old-daughter-to-know/ […]