One week from today we’re off to visit Matt’s parents in Florida for spring break. They children’s enthusiasm is unbridled, their energy for imagining what they’ll do with their grandparents running wild. Matt is fired up to play golf every day. Me, I’m excited to do some reading. I’m working my way through a re-read of Laurie Colwin’s entire oeuvre, with only one to go. When I observe my stack I see I’ve circled from a novel phase back to memoir. Here’s what is coming up:
- Home Cooking – Laurie Colwin
- Virgin Time – Patricia Hampl
- Double Time – Jane Roper (an ARC of my friend’s memoir, which I can’t wait to read)
- Bread of Angels – Stephanie Saldana
- An American Childhood – Annie Dillard (can’t believe I’ve never read this)
What are you reading? What books have you loved lately? What should I bring to Florida? I can’t wait to hear.
Get Lindsey's thoughts on mindful living and parenting in your inbox