Trust your struggle

I’ve seen this image several times, all over the place, and finally I downloaded it because I love it.  I love the font, I love the gray and white, and I love the message.

Trust your struggle.

These words honor that we all have struggles, and they contains within them trust that all the effort and difficulty is in service of something.  That we’re all where we are supposed to be, doing what we’re supposed to be doing, no matter how painful or pointless it might seem.

I’m doing both right now.  Struggling, and trying to trust.

1. Nancy Jane Smith
    Posted February 2, 2012 at 7:33 am | Permalink

Love this image! Thanks for the picture and your beautiful words–a great reminder to myself. Take Care.

2. Posted February 2, 2012 at 7:39 am | Permalink

you are not alone. i am with you on the journey in the painful and pointless, in the struggle and trust-intentions. grateful for your open-hearted honesty as you travel. love to you.

3. Posted February 2, 2012 at 8:03 am | Permalink

Yes yes yes. I am in a brief moment when all of my recent struggle is proving its worth. Make friends with risk and error. You are on the right track if you believe it so.

4. Posted February 2, 2012 at 8:30 am | Permalink

I’m going to print that out NOW.

5. Posted February 2, 2012 at 8:35 am | Permalink

Love this. Surely maintaining this perspective (however difficult it may be) makes life richer and eases the struggle in the process, right?

6. Posted February 2, 2012 at 8:44 am | Permalink

Love everything about this.

7. Posted February 2, 2012 at 9:16 am | Permalink

I’m trying to do this, too. Thanks for this image – so lovely. Take care of yourself.

8. Posted February 2, 2012 at 9:41 am | Permalink

Love this image. So glad you shared it as I’m needing this message, too. xoxo

9. Posted February 2, 2012 at 9:48 am | Permalink

Hey! Stopping by via MWF Seeking BFF blog.

I love this too! That font is amazing. I don’t know you but I hope that you ARE trusting your struggle.

Have a great day~

10. Posted February 2, 2012 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Oh wonderful. Struggle is my norm. Trust is still new for me.

11. Posted February 2, 2012 at 10:00 am | Permalink

You know how much I love this and how deeply it resonates. I trust my struggle, but it doesn’t keep me from crying in despair some days.

12. Posted February 2, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

And that is the absolute crux of it all!

13. Margaret
    Posted February 3, 2012 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Oh wow, this came at the PERFECT time for me – and apparently for a lot of other people too! We all have to trust our struggles – and remember that we all have them – all for reasons unknown and unseen… It’s nice that we can aesthetically appreciate these powerful words, I too am going to print, pronto! Thank you.

14. Posted February 3, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

So often I have to channel for day-to-day living, the survival instinct I had during labor. Understanding that giving in to the pain and fear, rather than bucking against, it actually made me stronger is what ultimately got me through.

I love this. Thank you.

One Trackback

1. By Remember to love. « being human today on May 19, 2012 at 8:46 pm

[…] [img] Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. Tags: change, letter, love, nature, R. E. Maley […]