Loss, failure, or unwelcome change

“If grace is so wonderful, why do we have such difficulty recognizing and accepting it? Maybe it’s because grace is not gentle or made-to-order. It often comes disguised as loss, or failure, or unwelcome change.”

– Kathleen Norris

1. Posted February 24, 2012 at 7:36 am | Permalink

Sometimes I think grace is simply that glimmers outside of us for others to see as we suffer or endure. It’s only in looking back gently that we have even the slightest awareness of it.

You, sweet friend, have a softness of spirit that always soothes me.

2. Posted February 24, 2012 at 9:48 am | Permalink

Grace, as you know, comes in many different forms – and it seems that hindsight allows us to see it so much more clearly…

New quote for me, thank you!

XOXO

3. Posted February 24, 2012 at 10:16 am | Permalink

Amen to that.

4. Posted February 24, 2012 at 10:32 am | Permalink

I think Amanda is right, people can often see the Grace in our life unfolding at the moment and it takes a building of history for me to see it.

5. Wylie
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 11:47 am | Permalink

“…what if the trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?” (Laura Story)

Wonderful! I have not heard that before but … perfect. xo

6. Posted February 24, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

I love this and the addition from Wylie. It’s just like the name of this very site we are on… How are we to know the ways grace will spin us round and where we will land or how beautiful that spot may be? Sending you hugs and strength as you dance with it all. 🙂