Off to Jerusalem

We are off today to visit my sister and her family in Jerusalem.  It is Grace and Whit’s first trip out of the country, and an adventure for all of us.  I plan to truly soak up our time there, which would already be holy simply because it’s my whole family together, but is made extraordinarily more so by our visit to the holiest place in the world.

We return on the 30th.  I’m going to post one of my favorite posts from each month (other than August, which was my month of photos, and December, which feels too recent) for the remaining days of this year after the solstice.  I’ll be back in January.  It was a surprisingly emotional experience, this diving into my archives (diving into the wreck, you might say – and, indeed, the words are maps).  It was not always easy to choose what I wanted to share as emblematic of a particular month.

Thank you for being here, for reading what I share.  It means more to me than I can ever possibly express.

May you have a happy, hopeful, and holy rest of 2011, celebrating the close of the year with those you love.

1. Posted December 20, 2011 at 6:27 am | Permalink

Safe, safe travels my dear. I know you’ll soak up each holy moment. xoxo

2. Posted December 20, 2011 at 6:28 am | Permalink

Safe travels! May your journey be filled with all the happiness you deserve.

3. jj
    Posted December 20, 2011 at 6:57 am | Permalink

Have a safe and happy trip. Merry Christmas to all of you, j

4. Posted December 20, 2011 at 7:24 am | Permalink

What an exceptional and appropriate place to spend your holiday! Have a wonderful time wonderful and safe travels.

5. Posted December 20, 2011 at 7:36 am | Permalink

Have a beautiful trip. I can’t wait to hear all about it. I’m hoping the Universe brings you and Emily together while you both are there. Merry Christmas. Much love. xoxo

6. Posted December 20, 2011 at 7:39 am | Permalink

We arrive in Tel Aviv tomorrow at 3:15 p.m.- maybe we’ll see you in passport control. Staying at Dan Panorama in Jerusalem so I will be looking for you!

7. Posted December 20, 2011 at 8:25 am | Permalink

Safe travels. May the journey be filled with laughter, love and reflection.

8. Posted December 20, 2011 at 8:37 am | Permalink

Blessings on your trip, may it be safe and holy! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

9. Posted December 20, 2011 at 8:40 am | Permalink

Oh, this is wonderful to think of you all together in such a holy place at this close of the year. Traveling mercies, as our friend Anne would say, and take it all in…

Merry and Happy and Love to you…

10. Posted December 20, 2011 at 9:08 am | Permalink

Safe travels to you all, and a wonderful experience all around.

Much love to you!

11. Hilary Levey Friedman
    Posted December 20, 2011 at 9:59 am | Permalink

Safe travels, and SHALOM!

12. Posted December 20, 2011 at 11:00 am | Permalink

Safe travels!!

13. Posted December 20, 2011 at 11:40 am | Permalink

Have a wonderful, wonderful trip… Hugs and safe travels to all!

14. Posted December 20, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

Have a wonderful time!! Blessings to your whole family.

15. Posted December 20, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Permalink

Have fun. I wish I had lots of time…..I would re read your posts and make a game of seeing if I could pick the one you would pick……he he he……can’t wait to see. Be safe. Don’t forget to notice things…..

16. Posted December 21, 2011 at 2:52 am | Permalink

I will be thinking of you all — I wish you all the glory, discomfort, confusion, silence, noise, discoveries, sore feet, and overtired children that overseas travel entails — along with the remarkable experience of seeing your own family in such a new and wonderful light. You’re going to have such a great time. xoxoxo

17. Posted December 21, 2011 at 8:53 am | Permalink

Have a wonderful trip, Lindsey. I’m sure you’ll have some beautiful insights to share with us when you return. Wishing you the happiest of holidays.

18. Posted December 21, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

LOVING imagining you all together over there. My heart is swelling. Can’t wait to read about it on both blogs.

19. Posted December 22, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

Blessed & safe travels! Can’t wait to read/hear all about your time there. xoxo

20. Posted December 22, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

safe travels! have been there twice, as a much younger person. hope it’s everything you want for yourself and your family.