Watch with glittering eyes

And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you, because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.  Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.

– Roald Dahl

1. Posted November 18, 2011 at 6:36 am | Permalink

Oh. This is new to me, somehow. Putting it away in my big stash to be wondered over…

Thank you!

2. Posted November 18, 2011 at 8:33 am | Permalink

Oh, I love this quote. (Oddly but wonderfully, – it reminds me of a line from Castle, in which Richard Castle says much the same thing to too-practical Kate Beckett.)

3. Trish
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 8:43 am | Permalink

love this…

4. Margaret
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 10:27 am | Permalink

This quote came at JUST the right time. Needing some magic – and always have to remind myself that it’s out there! Thanks Lindsey!

5. Posted November 18, 2011 at 10:51 am | Permalink

I love this quote. It reminds me of some other words I adore:
    Eden Phillpotts wrote, “The Universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.”
    Magic all around!

6. Posted November 18, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

LOVE this. And love Christa’s comment. I want to do that, too. 🙂

7. Posted November 18, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

Yes. BELIEVE. I believe in magic. And I know you do, too. xoxo

8. Posted November 19, 2011 at 3:09 am | Permalink

I think this quote is so special… weirdly I posted it on my blog just two days ago – I think magic must be in the air! I’m loving your writing and insights at the moment, Lindsey – the little wonders and fairytales – so special and relevant in my life at the moment – thanks. H xo

9. Posted November 19, 2011 at 10:57 am | Permalink

LOVE this quote. So magical. So true.

10. Posted November 19, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

I love Roald Dahl and I love this quote. A great reminder to always look at the world with awe.

One Trackback

1. […] quote comes from another stunning post from Lindsey at A Design So Vast, who titled her post, Watch with glittering eyes.  I am a silent, but avid, reader of Lindsey’s blog and it is one of the few blogs I read on […]