Closing ceremonies

Yes, my heart is aching.  The radiance and the sorrow of everyday life collided on a sunny, hot morning this week.  The past and the present and the future, which I’m learning are always animate in every single minute, asserted themselves in an overwhelming way.  I cried.  And then I cried some more.

Onward.

Beginners, June 2008

Kindergarten, June 2009

First Grade, June 2010

Second Grace, June 2011

1. Posted June 10, 2011 at 8:57 am | Permalink

Did you notice that Grace is always in pure white in each of these photos?

Yes – she wears a white dress every year. Just a little tradition I’ve started!

Elizabeth@Life in Pencil Reply:

I figured it wasn’t an accident — you’re much too intentional 🙂 Love it!

2. Cristina
    Posted June 10, 2011 at 8:59 am | Permalink

Your girl is sooo beautiful! Forget being a heartbreaker, she is going to be a heart CRUSHER!

3. Amy
    Posted June 10, 2011 at 9:51 am | Permalink

Grace (in addition to being wildly adorable) is the best dressed! Love the white tradition. Also LOVE that she loves the “shoes” books. Those (along with Anne of Green Gables & Little House on the Prairie) are still my favorite books and what I grab to read when I’m feeling anxious or stressed.

Happy weekend! Hope you had (or are having!) fun in SL!

4. Posted June 10, 2011 at 10:03 am | Permalink

Wow – you can really see her age progressing. Growing up. Beautiful and heart-breaking.

5. Amy
    Posted June 10, 2011 at 10:30 am | Permalink

L — Have you read “Slow Love: How I Lost My Job, Put on My Pajamas and Found Happiness” by Dominique Browning. I just finished and *loved* lots of being “present” moments. I think you would enjoy!

6. Amy
    Posted June 10, 2011 at 11:25 am | Permalink

Of course you read (and reviewed) the book! How did I miss that?! 🙂

7. Posted June 10, 2011 at 11:34 am | Permalink

wow. Love the tradition! It’s breathtakong to watch the dramatic changes the years bring. She is so beautiful and has such a soulful look!

8. Posted June 10, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

She’s gorgeous. What a difference from last year to this. Sigh. And did you intentionally title the last photo that way?

No!! Total Freudian slip. Wow.

9. Posted June 10, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

Congrats, G. Feeling sentimental and weepy with you while reading this. Third grade. Wow.

(from Abby: Grace, You look great in the pictures. The dress that you’re wearing in second grade looks very nice. I miss you a whole bunch–I hope that I can see you soon. Love, Abby)

xoxo

10. Posted June 12, 2011 at 11:56 am | Permalink

Had my first graduation…Ben’s preschool graduation…as a mom and oh boy, I was not prepared for the tears and the sense of joy mixed in with sadness…! Grace is gorgeous by the way!

11. Posted June 13, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

She is so gorgeous… and yes, it makes the heart ache to see the young lady from the girl. The end of school is always a bittersweet time. Thanks for sharing these photos of her.